Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tibetan Orange Love



First and foremost, a huge shout out to my peeps Caroline and Kristin for urging me to buy this lippie on Tuesday night.  YOU CHOSE WELL.  <3 you both!




Overall, I'm really pleased with this look!  I feel quite sexy and confident in it and I truly love just about every product that I used today.  The only things I would want to change would be to try and brighten up the inner contour of my eye area (toward my nose, if that makes sense) and perhaps a different under eye concealer only because I think the Tarte one looks a bit too light for me.




Oh, and if only I could do false eyelashes!  That would be slamming, as well.  One day I'll have to get brave and try them again.




Rouge Bunny Rouge Blackpepper Jay eyeshadow is so, so, so lovely!  It's the dark taupe brown sort of color I used all over.  The texture was pure heaven to apply and it lasted perfectly all day.  I'm not a lover of matte eyeshadows, but this one has stolen my heart!  I was going for matte brown-black and I need to look in my stash to see if I have another option - something warmer or deeper.




Face:
Benefit The Porefessional
MUFE Lift Foundation 11
Illamasqua Concealer 115
Tarte Maracuja Concealer Fair
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
MUFE Super Matte Loose 12

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01 (applied a bit heavier to cheeks than my normal lazy contour)
Tarte AC Peaceful blush
Bare Minerals Secret Radiance (highlight)

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
RBR Blackpepper Jay e/s
Sugarpill Goldilux pigment (applied with dry brush first, then smaller damp brush on inner corner)
Too Faced In the Buff e/s (brow bone)
Stila Stay All Day black pen liner (tight line)
Tokidoki Brillante glitter liner Melodia
GA ETK black wp pencil liner (waterline)
Tarte Taupe brow pencil
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof mascara (lowers)

Lips:
UD Ozone lip liner
GA Lip Maestro 401

Friends, I've got to gush about the Lip Maestro.  The formula is superb.  It applies easily with a slanted wand.  You don't have to rush to get it on.  It's very soft and cushiony and glides over the lips with such ease.  It feels very comfortable and light.  The finish is a radiant and forgiving matte.  It wears very well for quite a long time and is only the slightest bit drying on my lips.  Even as it feels a tiny bit dry after it's been on for hours, it still feels magnificently soft, cushy, and comfortable!  Craziness, I say.  It also stays put great through eating and drinking (although I opted to touch up after).  I'm not sure if it would bleed out or not, if left to its own devices, hence why I used the clear lip liner as a precaution.  I love this color and it makes for a great addition to my now vast and varied collection of lipsticks.

Today I applied my foundation with a traditional foundation brush, as opposed to my finger tips, which is what I normally use.  I like how it looks and it went on well enough - who knows?  Maybe I'll convert back to using a brush!  For what it's worth, it was the Sephora I.T. collection flat foundation brush.

Well, I've got to get some beauty rest.  Thanks for stopping by and goodnight!


11 comments:

  1. looks great!

    http://aimerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this look- so badass! Really intrigued about the Lip Maestro- do you like it more than the Guerlain liquid lippie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Oh, tough call! I'm going to say yes so far. There is something very cushy about the Maestros that I really enjoy (probably some sort of silicone?). They both wear and feel lovely, though. I'll keep you posted if I change my mind - which surely could happen, knowing me. I did just buy four more Maestros today, though, like a crazy person.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! The colour combination is fab on you. I'm STILL lemming RBR stuff even though a lot of people say it's not all that.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! RBR is amazing. I am so glad I went for it. You should definitely get some if you can!

      Delete
    2. I can't see me winning the lottery any time soon lol

      Lou x

      Delete
    3. Well, "get some if you can" could include less conventional methods for obtaining, such as swapping or stealing! Oh, I kid about stealing, but I know you like to swap when possible. At any rate, I also hope you DO win the lottery. :)

      Delete
  4. That lippie is gorgy on you! I'm definitely going to have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, do! They feel wonderful on and come in really beautiful shades.

      Delete
  5. Ok WHY is this the first time I have figured out how to comment on your blog!? Ugh...newbie. Anyhoo, beautiful fotd Lauren. Love it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hello, inspirational guru! It's so nice to have you comment here! <3 I'm glad you figured it out! Thank you so so much!

      Delete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!