Thursday, November 15, 2012

Black Karat



Oh look!  Another smoky golden eye.  It's quite similar to yesterday's in terms of concept, shape, and placement; however, much more shimmery and sparkly over all.




I used Laura Mercier's Baked eyeshadow single in Black Karat wet on the lid.  It's always fun applying metallic baked eye colors wet because they really sparkle and glisten like you would not believe!  I think they lose a bit of the intense sheen after they dry, though.  The effect is still more intense and metallic than if they are just used dry, though.




Black Karat is basically black with lots of gorgeous gold shimmer, which somehow ends up translating into olive.  What's up with that?!  Still love it.  I used my Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette "In the Night" for the other shadow colors you see.  The gold liner on the inner lowers is MAC Pure Show liquid liner.




Here is a creepy close up of my lips, so you see the insane iridescent glitters!  I don't think Givenchy makes this one anymore.  It's called Pop Gloss Crystal Glitter Pink.  Or maybe Sephora just doesn't stock it anymore.  It smells super perfumey but feels great on.




Face:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
Koh Gen Do Aqua PK-0 (applied with my Sephora I.T. brush!)
Illamasqua Concealer 115
Smashbox under eye primer
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
MUFE Super Matte Loose 12

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01
Tarte AC Frisky
Nars Hungry Heart (gold side)

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
Laura Mercier Baked Eyeshadow Black Karat (wet on lid)
Sephora Moonshadow "In the Night" palette - Onyx in the crease, Black Gold smudged into lowers, Light Gold in the inner corner, White Gold for the brow bone, and Gold Metal in the inner corner/crease area
Urban Decay e/l pencil Uzi (lower lash line under Black Gold shadow and outer part of upper lids)
GA ETK black waterproof pencil e/l (tight line and waterline)
Stila Stay All Day black pen liner (upper lash line)
MAC Superslick liquid e/l Pure Show (inner lower lash line)
GA ETK Excess mascara
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof (lowers)
Tarte Taupe brow pencil

Lips:
Givenchy Pop Gloss Crystal Glitter Pink

Something feels off about this look and I can't quite put my finger on it.  Either the eyeshadow shape needs to be bigger and more dramatic or I need a bolder lip color.  Or I'm just used to doing things dramarama and have no clue what looks good anymore.  I did end up putting on an orange lip color at work and I think that maybe looked better (why yes, it was another Lip Maestro and why yes, I did buy it!).

Here are some pics of the Sephora Moonshadow palette for anyone who is curious.  I've been using it a lot lately and really enjoy it.





The swatches below aren't terribly impressive but as you can well see in my FOTDs, they are great shadows!  I particularly love "Onyx" for a soft matte black/gray in the crease and "Gold Metal" is just off the hook.  "Black Gold" sort of looks similar to LM Black Karat, but turns out to be more gray and a little less sparkly.




The dark brown blob off to the left is Sephora Glitter Eyeliner and Mascara in Chocolate Brown.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Black Karat looks amazing on you! I love how you paired it with the intense gold....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I need to come up with (other) creative combinations for Black Karat. It's such an interesting and fun color.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Black and gold work so well for you. I'd say maybe a peachy toned lip product rather than pink would also be amazing.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!