Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Holidaze



I'm stuck in a string of gold sparkle eye looks because that is what I'm currently expected to wear to work.  I hope you don't mind.  It feels constricting, despite my love for gold eyes.  I guess I'm a rebel.  If you are wondering, I work for a famous makeup store that shall remain nameless here.




It's bronzey and gold really because Urban Decay Baked eyeshadow has so much orange color to it.  Or copper?  Should I say copper?  Honestly, sometimes I get confused when the colors are bordering on one other.  Metallic!  That's safe to say.  :)




Please pardon my messy, pulled back hair.  I was rushing around, as I often do.






Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish More than Primer
Smashbox under eye primer
Stila Tinted Moisturizer Fair
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1
Illamasqua Concealer 115
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder
Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Porcelain

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01
Nars Illuminator Super Orgasm
Nars Orgasm powder blush
Dior Amber Diamond

Eyes:
Nars primer
Urban Decay Baked e/s (lid)
Urban Decay Half Baked e/s (crease)
Urban Decay Smog e/s (outer corner of lid)
Stila Bare e/s (brow bone)
Tarte SmolderEYES Brown e/l
Stila Stay All Day black pen liner (tight line)
Urban Decay Baked glitter liner (lid) - not showing well in pics, but gleamed nicely IRL
Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy glitter liner (center of lid near lash line)
Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof (lowers)
Tarte taupe brow pencil

Lips:
Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge 8

I like the LG powder, but I think it's reading too pink in my pictures.  I should probably save it only for obviously too yellow foundations, to pink them up.

The MUFE Aqua Rouge lipstick has a very odd texture.  It's sticky, tacky, almost gummy.  Then it becomes dry and still sticky somehow.  I didn't use the gloss component, though, until later on in the day, and that definitely provided more comfort during wear.  I will say that despite it feeling uncomfortable and bunched up, it always looked perfect when I checked in the mirror, expecting disaster.  What are your thoughts on it, if you've tried it?  I love long wearing lip colors, but I do want them to be more comfortable and have less of a noticeable feeling on my lips.

Also, what do you think of Nars Orgasm blush on me?  I like it.  I've just never been wow-ed by it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Stay tuned for more gold and glittery looks to come.   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!