Thursday, January 3, 2013

Big Ballz



This is a face I'm really proud of!  Everything turned out very nice, I think.  :)




I also used a bunch of untrieds, so that was a bonus!   By the name of this post, you might have guessed that I tried my new Guerlain Meteorites.  They are the extra large ones called Perles du Paradis.  I was worried that the glittery silver balls would translate into tinsel on my face, but you can see here that they look really pretty!  I used a generous amount all over my face.  They gave a lovely, soft, pinky glow.




I also tried Fyrinnae Greenman's Forest, on my lid, in my crease, and on my lower lash line.  It's so beautiful and complex!  I adore it.



And!  And!  I contoured my cheeks using Make Up For Ever's Sculpting Kit #2 (just the dark shade).  I'm usually too lazy to do a proper contour.  I layered two blushes, as well, so I'm really rocking a gradient sort of cheek.  :)




You probably can't quite tell that I used purple in the crease, but that's okay.  It worked out nicely enough.  I used several colors from the Too Faced Romantic palette to compliment and support Greenman's Forest.




Face:
Kat Von D Rehab Priming Elixir
Urban Decay Naked Skin 0.5
Illamasqua Concealer 115 (spots)
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose 12
Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Paradis (used generously all over!)

Cheeks:
Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit #2 (dark color for contour)
Laura Mercier Vintage Pink
Illamasqua Tremble (just below cheekbones - is that the "apple," by the way?!)
Wet 'N Wild Fergie Rose Champagne Glow (cheekbones)

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae Greenman's Forest (all over lid/crease and smudged into Stray Dog on lowers)
UD Stray Dog pencil liner (lowers)
Too Faced Romantic Palette (First Dance in crease and a tiny bit on outer lowers, Soulmates on inner corner, Un-Veil to deepen crease and to set liner on waterline, Bouquet Toss on brow bone)
UD Perversion pencil liner (smudged into outer lash lines)
GA ETK black waterproof e/l pencil (waterline)
Stila Stay All Day black liner (tight line)
Tarte taupe brow pencil
Laura Mercier Faux Lash mascara
Givenchy Phenomeneyes Waterproof (lowers)

Lips:
L'Oreal Colour Caresse (YSL Glossy Stain dupe, sort of, but not exactly) Berry Persistent


I know what you are thinking and it's absolutely excessive and silly that I used three different black eyeliners!  You don't even want to know how many different kinds I have.  Also, you are probably dying to hear what I think of the YSL Glossy Stain dupe, right?  So far, I am not in love.  They feel very light on the lips, which is nice, but the wear is not the same.  Immediately after I took these pictures, I looked in the mirror, noticed some slight unevenness, then smooshed my lips together and it got way worse.  It was instantly patchy and awful looking, so, naturally, I blotted it down to a stain.  I'm glad I only got two of them, and on sale.  I think I'll be mainly sticking to my trusty Glossy Stains.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you have questions about anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!