Thursday, January 3, 2013

Big Ballz

This is a face I'm really proud of!  Everything turned out very nice, I think.  :)

I also used a bunch of untrieds, so that was a bonus!   By the name of this post, you might have guessed that I tried my new Guerlain Meteorites.  They are the extra large ones called Perles du Paradis.  I was worried that the glittery silver balls would translate into tinsel on my face, but you can see here that they look really pretty!  I used a generous amount all over my face.  They gave a lovely, soft, pinky glow.

I also tried Fyrinnae Greenman's Forest, on my lid, in my crease, and on my lower lash line.  It's so beautiful and complex!  I adore it.

And!  And!  I contoured my cheeks using Make Up For Ever's Sculpting Kit #2 (just the dark shade).  I'm usually too lazy to do a proper contour.  I layered two blushes, as well, so I'm really rocking a gradient sort of cheek.  :)

You probably can't quite tell that I used purple in the crease, but that's okay.  It worked out nicely enough.  I used several colors from the Too Faced Romantic palette to compliment and support Greenman's Forest.

Kat Von D Rehab Priming Elixir
Urban Decay Naked Skin 0.5
Illamasqua Concealer 115 (spots)
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose 12
Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Paradis (used generously all over!)

Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit #2 (dark color for contour)
Laura Mercier Vintage Pink
Illamasqua Tremble (just below cheekbones - is that the "apple," by the way?!)
Wet 'N Wild Fergie Rose Champagne Glow (cheekbones)

Nars eye primer
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae Greenman's Forest (all over lid/crease and smudged into Stray Dog on lowers)
UD Stray Dog pencil liner (lowers)
Too Faced Romantic Palette (First Dance in crease and a tiny bit on outer lowers, Soulmates on inner corner, Un-Veil to deepen crease and to set liner on waterline, Bouquet Toss on brow bone)
UD Perversion pencil liner (smudged into outer lash lines)
GA ETK black waterproof e/l pencil (waterline)
Stila Stay All Day black liner (tight line)
Tarte taupe brow pencil
Laura Mercier Faux Lash mascara
Givenchy Phenomeneyes Waterproof (lowers)

L'Oreal Colour Caresse (YSL Glossy Stain dupe, sort of, but not exactly) Berry Persistent

I know what you are thinking and it's absolutely excessive and silly that I used three different black eyeliners!  You don't even want to know how many different kinds I have.  Also, you are probably dying to hear what I think of the YSL Glossy Stain dupe, right?  So far, I am not in love.  They feel very light on the lips, which is nice, but the wear is not the same.  Immediately after I took these pictures, I looked in the mirror, noticed some slight unevenness, then smooshed my lips together and it got way worse.  It was instantly patchy and awful looking, so, naturally, I blotted it down to a stain.  I'm glad I only got two of them, and on sale.  I think I'll be mainly sticking to my trusty Glossy Stains.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you have questions about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!