Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Many Faces



I really would like to stop being a slacker about my posts.  Really.  But for now you'll have to cope with a random catch up featuring several different faces.  This first one features Tom Ford Diabolique lipstick.  It's the most intensely pigmented and matte of my Tom Ford reds.




On my eyes is Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick in Rosegold, some smudged black Sephora liner, and Stila's glitter liner in Golden Silver (LE Japanese, if I'm not mistaken).  I used Sephora Prisma Chrome eyeshadow in Moonbeam (pink version) as a highlight.




This next one features Tom Ford Slander lipstick.  My face is looking extra pink in the DiorSkin Nude BB Cream 001 (in real life it looked pretty natural).




The amazing eyeshadow you see is Addiction Thriller and the also stunning eyeliner is Stila Smudge Stick in Bluefin!  I love this so so much.




Lastly, I'm wearing a dramatic emerald smoky eye.  This was really fun for me to do.  I almost always have the most fun when I do super dramatic eye looks.




I used Stila's Smudge Crayon in black as a base, which really helps the green (Envy) to pop and gives it awesome depth.  Makeup Geek's Shimmermint eyeshadow is in my inner crease and on the inner half of my lower lash line.  Makeup Geek Envy is on the lid and lower lashes.  I used Rouge Bunny Rouge Whispering Ibis to blend out and above the crease.  Tarte's skinny pencil in Emerald fit perfectly onto my water line.




I kept the lips simple, using one of my favorite lip gloss formulas - Urban Decay Lip Junkie.  Midnight Cowboy has a really beautiful champagne shimmer that my pictures do not capture.  Also, it feels so comfortable and hydrating on my lips!




I started using a lip brush to apply my Tom Ford red lippies and I have to say, WOW, what a difference!!  It takes me longer to apply (or so it seems), but the end result is far superb to free-handing it with the bullet.  I get a really crisp line.  The reds have all worn spectacularly on me, so I don't know if applying with a brush extends the wear, as I've heard it does.  I would not doubt it.  I think I'm officially in love with the Tom Ford lipstick formula.  And applying with a brush!  Who knew?!

Oh, and for you blush fanatics out there, my blushes, in order of appearance, were:  Givenchy Bucolic Poppy, Becca Dragonfruit Beach Tint, and Illamasqua Naked Rose.

Thanks for stopping by!  Do let me know if you have questions or thoughts about anything.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous looks! I picked up "Reckless" from the Tom Ford "red" series and it truly is one of the most beautiful reds I own (there's a lot of competition there). Seeing these makes me want to go out and get the others too, since they look so beautiful on you.

    I'm still kicking myself for missing Bucolic Poppy, especially seeing what a lovely flush it gives you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's kind of funny that you have the one and I have the others. I probably would have gotten Reckless, too, had I seen it in person! I LOVE Bucolic Poppy. *sad sigh* They need to make it permanent!!! Givenchy, are you listening?! :)

      Delete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!