Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gray Day



The lighting is not quite right in these pictures.  I look greenish!  Maybe the pool is reflecting onto my face somehow.  In any case, I did enhance the color on the photo below, which seems closer now to how the colors looked in real life.  None of the other photos have been enhanced.




I did a really quick eye with Armani Eyes to Kill Intense #21 Obsidian Grey and purple liners (Stila Purple Tang on the lowers and a purple Cargo Swimmable on the uppers).  I also used my beloved Stila Stay All Day black liner pen for extra intensity.  Obsidian Grey is a really pretty grayish, blueish, silverish color.  I believe I used RBR Alabaster Starling e/s for the inner corner highlight.

On my face, I'm sporting Korres new and not yet released Quercetin & Oak foundation in 00.  I was lucky enough to score a sample this week and am really excited about trying it!  It matches closely and wore well through the day.  It also makes the skin look extremely smooth and soft.  On my cheeks, I'm wearing Illamasqua Unrequited and Nars New Order.  My lipstick is Tarte's Luster in Adored (my go-to shimmery baby pink color).




Below are flash pictures of my eyes from Friday morning (early in the morning).  This is one of my favorite eye looks and I don't often repeat any eye look but have done variations on this several times.  It started with Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Mirifique as my base, then Too Faced Midnight Mist on the lid and into the crease, followed by Too Faced Poison Orchid on the lowers.  I used some Stila black pen liner, as well.  Also, I wore Hourglass' new brow pencil in Soft Brunette!  It's darker than I'm used to, but I think I really like it.  It's more neutral/cool than the Tarte pencil I normally use.




I've not liked these Too Faced single shadows on their own, but holy crap do they shine when layered over a darker base!  Amazing.  I just remembered that I used Too Faced Violet Femme to blend out the crease and just above.  You can hardly tell (if at all), though, and it's not a very pigmented color.  It's quite powdery also.




Thanks for stopping by!  Ask about anything, if you have questions.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that 2nd eye is to die for! Absolutely gorgeous!

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Awesome glitter eye!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!