Saturday, October 6, 2012

Red Line



First, I'd like to apologize for less than great pictures.  Second, I'll apologize for makeup done in a rush. Third, I hope you like it, because I really and truly did!  I have grossly underused my Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in #10, and now that I've successfully implemented it, I am hoping to incorporate it into looks more frequently.




If you don't already know this, I'm really quite nervous about winged eyeliner.  It's one of the areas of face makeup that I feel I've yet to master.  I have come a long way, though, much thanks due to help and encouragement from Makeup Alley!  Wings are something you just have to make yourself do and learn as you go, I suppose.  I really hope one day that I become at ease with them (and can also do longer/bigger ones)!




I probably could have blended the eye crease a little higher and a little more.  I think I have a good mix of warm and cool tones going on across the whole face here.  That was unintentional!




Last, is a Picasa edit using the "Orton-ish" effect.  It's kind of blindingly bright, but I think it looks pretty.


Face:
Smashbox Photofinish More Than Primer
Stila Stay All Day Foundation Bare
Bare Minerals Well Rested (click pen)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose 12

Cheeks:
Illamasqua Panic
Tokidoki Luminosa
Sephora Microsmooth 05 Porcelain (to blend Panic)

Eyes:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
RBR Atlas Swallowtail cream shadow (lid)
Stila In the Know palette -
Clay e/s (crease)
Air e/s (brow bone, inner corner)
Stila Smudge Crayon Smoke (lower lash line)
MUFE Aqua Liner 10 (upper lash line)
YSL Faux Cils black cream liner (tightline)
Tarte taupe brow pencil
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer LX
Clinique Bottom Lash

Lips:
Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster Buff (my go-to golden nude) <3

This was my first time using the Bare Minerals Well Rested brightener.  I fear it looks too bright/light under my eye, especially in the first picture.  I really love how soft it makes my skin feel and look.  It also does a great job brightening.  The next time I want to try it over a little concealer (here I just patted it over foundation).  Also, it's entirely possible that I used too much!

The Stila foundation has really great coverage and is quite long wearing.  It's not a spot on perfect color match, but it's close enough to work.  It makes my skin look very smooth and even.  I don't care for the actual bottle, though, because it has a screw top with a big spatula-like spoon thingy in it.  I personally much prefer a pump or squeeze tube.  Otherwise, I think it's pretty great!  It comes with a very good concealer on top, too.

Let me tell you about Panic!  This was also my first time using that.  Oh my!  I nearly did panic when I applied too much.  I was going very slowly with a stippling brush and then got too much on it when I went to add more.  Yikes!  I had to blend over it with another brush and some Sephora Microsmooth foundation powder.  Thankfully that took me from Panic accident to Panic OOooo-you-so-pretty!  It does just look pink on me, not red, which I find ironic about red blushes in general.  I mean, who's wearing so much that it still looks red, and if so, don't you risk the whole clown er draggy sort of thing?  Not that either is bad, just, not what I'm going for usually.  Regardless, I dub it a very lovely pink look.

Please feel free to share any tips or tricks regarding red eyeliner, red blush, or winged eyeliner.  I'm open for suggestions and feel I have much room for improvement!  Thanks for stopping by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!