Friday, October 26, 2012

Black Orchid



I wore my Tom Ford Black Orchid lipstick yesterday.  I am so sad to say that I discovered it is rancid.  I don't think I've ever known or understood lipsticks going bad until now.  :(  I plan on exchanging it (hopefully for a non-rancid one) of course.  Other than it tasting and smelling bad, it sure looks good.  Ugh.  Oh!  And I wore it as a stain, if you are wondering.  I applied it lightly with my finger.




The eyes were a bit of a strange mix of fall colors.  The whole look makes me think of cranberries and pumpkins and very fall-ish things.




The gold shimmer on the center of my lid is from Lorac's 3D liquid lustre.  I think I'd like to have the "gold" version (this one, believe it or not, is the orignal version, which is more white gold).




I started the eye look with my beloved Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Golden.  I fear I've covered up most of it with other things!  You can see it best on the lower lash line.  The Caviar Sticks are one of my favorite eye things and while they are so lovely on their own, I almost can't resist dressing them up with other shadows.




Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish More than Primer
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact Porcelain
Fresh Umbrian Clay concealer 1
YSL Touche Eclat 1
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01
Tarte AC Glisten
Nars Hungry Heart (gold side)

Eyes:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Golden (lid and lower lash line)
Makeup Geek Pretentious e/s (outer corner)
Makeup Geek Goddess e/s (crease)
Too Faced In the Buff e/s (inner corner)
Makeup Geek Bling e/s (brow bone)
Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre (patted on center of lid over Golden)
Stila Stay All Day black pen liner (tight line)
Stila Sparkle liquid liner Rock Candy (upper lash line)
Urban Decay liner pencil Lucky (waterline)
Tarte Taupe brow pencil
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash
Givenchy Phenomeneyes Waterproof mascara (lower lashes)

Lips:
Urban Decay Ozone lip liner
Tom Ford Black Orchid (as a stain)


This was my first time trying the LM tinted moisturizer compact.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is not too yellow for me!  It blended in really easily.  I didn't love the final finish, though.  It's definitely not flawless on me and I had some breakdown on my nose relatively quickly.  I've tried much worse, though.  If I were giving it a grade, I'd say B or B+.  I really expected to like it much less, oddly enough.  I do enjoy that it's quick and easy, and overall, not taking into account my crazy nose, it wore pretty well through a long day.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!