Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dragon Ballz



With this face, I got to try out a few things I bought over the weekend:  Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Dragon and Givenchy Bucolic Poppy blush!  I'm very pleased with both.




A few nit-picky things about the Dragon ballz...  In all of the promo pictures, the ballz are clearly overflowing out of the container.  Also, in the promo pics, the ballz have a really hefty amount of purple, pink, and peach (as compared to, say, white).  For the record and the sake of reality, I am here to tell you that if you buy these ballz, they will not come overflowing out of your container.  In fact, when you open the container you might be looking around for missing ballz - ballz you believe are missing because you've been trained by marketing tactics to believe you will be getting twice the amount of ballz than you actually get.  And, for the record, the vast majority of your ballz will be white.  I literally only have like one or two pinky red ballz.  If you don't believe me, google "Perles du Dragon" and see the differences in images for yourself.




I love the iridescence of MUFE Star Powder!  How deliciously pretty is the pinky-gold shift?  Also, if you dislike creasy eye products, feel free to skip NYX Glam Shadow Sticks.  I used a pretty sparkly gold on my lid, under the Star Powder, and it began creasing within about 30 minutes (over primer, of course).  I guess I'll be saving it for use on the lower lash line only - or maybe as a more robust brow bone highlight.




Bucolic Poppy blush is more pink than I expected, just from gazing lovingly at it in the pan.  I'm not sad for that, though.  I absolutely relish a good pink blush.  This is no exception.  I'm actually super happy to have it because I had somehow convinced myself that it was limited edition and long gone - that I would never ever try or own it.  Hmmm.  Apparently it is LE and I am lucky to have stumbled upon it (just did a quick internet search)!  Whaddayaknow?!




Face:
Benefit The Porefessional (a couple of dots near the center of my face)
Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer SPF 15 102 - Fair
BareMinerals A Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Korres Quercetin & Oak concealer Fair
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder
Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Dragon (all over, except nose)

Cheeks:
Givenchy Bucolic Poppy <3
Tarte AC Stellar

Eyes:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
NYX Glam Shadow Stick 24 Karat (lid)
MUFE Star Powder 940 (all over - lash line to brow bone)
Tarina Tarantino Electric Butterfly e/s (crease)
UD Half Baked e/s (outer corner of lid)
UD Lucky e/l pencil (lower lash line)
MAC Pure Show Superslick liquid liner (upper lash line)
Stila Stay All Day black pen liner (tightline)
Givenchy Noir Couture
Givenchy Phenomeneyes Gold Sparkle
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof (lowers)
Tarte Taupe brow pencil

Lips:
Nars Indian Red lip stain


I expected Indian Red to be more warm toned.  It's quite a classic red, perhaps only the tiniest bit warm.  Initially, it feels undetectable and weightless on the lips.  After about 30 minutes on, it begins to feel a little bit dry and papery.  I cannot speak to wear time because I actually took it off after about 40 minutes.  I just wasn't loving how it looked with the eyes and the blush in real life.

Good news, I think!  I may have found a dupe for Tom Ford's Black Orchid lipstick.  I had to return mine because, so so sadly, it had turned bad (smelled and tasted icky).  They didn't have a suitable replacement, either (Cosmetics Company Outlet).  Last night, I tried on Rouge D'Armani 609 and it was instant love.  Obviously, I don't have Black Orchid anymore to compare it to directly, but my initial thoughts are that it is gosh darn close.  What do you think?  Have you looked at, worn, or played with both?  The Armani also feels quite fantastic and buttery on the lips.

Oh, and despite my prior rant about discrepancies in the Perles Du Dragon, I love how they look on my face.  The high white ball count lends itself to a lovely, almost ethereal glow on my skin.  Bravo!

Thanks for stopping by and listening to my ramblings.  Or maybe you just looked at pictures.  Either, way, I appreciate it!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Everything suits you so well. That red lip is TDF!

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!