Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quick Looks



Somehow I left myself with very little time to do my makeup the last few days.  What gets sacrificed, you ask?  The eyes, of course.  I used GA ETKI #8 as a wash, YSL's waterproof eyeliner pencil in 3 Ultramarine, lightly smudged, Illamasqua Vow on the waterline, Stila Stay All Day black liner pen for tightline, and Givenchy Noir Couture mascara.




On my face I am wearing Smashbox dark spot correcting primer (which smells a little strange after I've massaged it in), Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder, Illamasqua Hussy blusher,  Guerlain Meteorites Perles D'Or, and the BareMinerals Stroke of Light brightener under my eyes.  The lip color is Tarte's Luster in Obsession.



The next look is a little more amped up with the eyes, but not by much.  I used more mascara and shadow smudged into liner for a very quick smoky liner effect.




I'm wearing Tarte's lip Tint in Lust, which is one of my favorite reds ever because it's easy, quick, long lasting, low maintenance, and comfortable.  My pictures here make it look slightly pink but I assure you that in person it is a warmer, true red when layered to intensify (yes, I've layered it here but it just looks a little dull and cool).




On my eyes I am wearing GA ETKI 18 as a wash, Stila Lionfish Smudge Stick with RBR Abyssinian Catbird smudged into the uppers and UD Baked eyeliner pencil on the lowers (again, with Abyssinian Catbird smudged into it).  I've used Stila Stay All day black liner pen for tightlining, Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash mascara with Korres Volcanic over top on the uppers lashes, and Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof mascara on my lower lashes.  The mascara looked a little chunky, but seen from a reasonable distance gave me quite a nice dramatic look!




On my face I wore the Amore Pacific Tinted Moisturizer, which I continue to enjoy.  It's so smooth!  Also, my skin is very clear right now, so I have to wonder if I should give it that credit.  I finished with Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder, blushed with Stila's Custom Color Coral blush, and do believe I went for a dusting of the Guerlain Meteorites in Perles D'Or yet again.

I apologize that the last picture is so blurry, but I was smiling, so I decided to include it.  :)

I've obviously not listed every single detail of my makeup for either of these looks, so please feel free to ask about anything you see or wonder about that I've not mentioned.  Otherwise, I'll assume that you are happy just to breeze on by and see what I've been up to makeup-wise the last few days.  I'm hoping to get back to some more dramatic eye looks very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!