Sunday, October 21, 2012

Not Pink



I really meant for this look to center around pink eyeshadow(s).  I started with what I thought was a pink eyeshadow (Urban Decay Tainted from the 15th Anniversary palette).  Not.  Quite.  Pink.




Don't get me wrong!  It's pink-ish.  Tainted is more lavender, I now believe.  Then, I was kind of lost and not sure what to do with myself.  Somehow I ended up pulling out the Tarte for True Blood palette and went with mauve and reddish plum.




It's not my favorite eye ever, but I do like it!  The pinky plummy colors make my eyes look really green.




I wish I had gone for a cooler lip color, at least for these pictures.  I was debating wearing YSL Glossy Stain 13 or 14, but was in such a hurry this morning, I reached for something I could literally slap on my lips in two seconds (Korres Mandarin Lip Butter Stick in Rose).




What's your favorite way to do a bold pink eye?  Clearly, I need more ideas!  :)  I'm still trying to smile.  See?  I tried.




Face:
Anthony Logistics for Men Instant Fix Oil Control (nose)
Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer 102 Fair
Fresh Umbrian Clay Absolute Concealer 1 (spots)
YSL Touche Eclat 1 (under eye)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01
Illamasqua Nymph
Nars Hungry Heart (pink side)

Eyes:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
UD e/s Tainted (lid)
UD e/s Vanilla (inner corner)
Tarte e/s Telepath (crease)
Tarte e/s "V" (smudged into liner on lash lines, outer corner of lids, deepest part of crease)
Tarte e/s Fairy (brow bone)
Tarte e/s Legend (to darken outer corner)
Anna Sui pink e/l (lowers)
UD Rockstar e/l (uppers and waterline)
Stila Stay All Day black liner (tight line)
Tarte Taupe brow pencil
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof mascara (lowers)

Lips:
Korres Mandarin Lip Butter Stick Rose

Thanks for stopping by!  Hopefully tomorrow's makeup look will be more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!