Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Maybe I Already Am



...a vampire, that is.  I had this bright idea to do my makeup like a Twilight movie character.  I figured, hey, I am nearly as pale as a vampire already, so this will be easy and fun!  The blonde one was the obvious choice - Rosalie Hale.  I dutifully looked up a breakdown of the actress' makeup and discovered that it was quite indeed very simple.




I did not get the lips right here, and was able to successfully tweak them later on at work.  What you see here is just Stila Pomegranate stain - not bright enough.  I added Hourglass Flush (sorry, no pictures), which was the perfect soft but bright reddish pink.  My eyebrow below has suffered a casualty due to very minor trimming.  The hairs on the end were really obviously getting to be too long.  A little careful trimming has proven to be much too much!  Thank goodness for pencil and do remember that when not zoomed in so very close, it doesn't look nearly so tragic.




By now, you may have noticed an odd texture and sheen to my skin.  That would be the ever sparkly Nars Illuminator Silver Factory all over my entire face.  I thought that it would nicely emulate the whole vampire skin sparkling in the sun thing...but I learned that I was wrong!  Not everyone even noticed it and one coworker asked me why I was "sweaty."  Not exactly what I was going for!!  She volunteered to douse my face in Make Up For Ever Diamond Powder (white gold 2), which apparently sealed the deal and made my character all the more believable (again, sorry, no pics of that sparkle-trocity).  And thank goodness for friends willing to dump endless sparkles on your face when the need arises!  I've taken a few pictures in the sun so that you can hopefully appreciate Silver Factory.




Additionally, I would just like to say that I was feeling confident that my Illamasqua Skin Base 2 would be just the perfect too pale base for me, however, after wearing it for a day and seeing myself in these pictures, I fear it was not nearly light enough!  What a disappointment.  I should have gone all in with white base.  My apologies for the strange crop below.  It was an awkward photo, but nicely showed off the sheen on my cheek.  The combination of weird textures with Skin Base and Silver Factory emphasize every single imperfection, divot, and pore in my skin as well.  It's not easy trying to be a vampire!!




Face:
Illamasqua Skin Base 2
Tarte Maracuja concealer Fair (under eye)
Nars Silver Factory Illuminator applied generously over my entire face

Cheeks:
Too Faced e/s Birthday Suit (attempted contour)
Revlon Diamond Lust e/s Celestial Silver (highlight)

Eyes:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Too Faced e/s In the Buff (all over)
Too Faced e/s Pillow Talk (smudged into liner on lowers, used lightly over Nightcap in crease)
Too Faced e/s Nightcap (crease)
Urban Decay Stray Dog e/l pencil (lowers)
Stila Stay All Day liner pen black (tight line)
Stila Stay All Day liner pen Alloy (upper lash line)
YSL black cream liner (waterline)
Givenchy Noir Couture mascara (upper lashes)
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof black (lower lashes)
Tarte Taupe brow pencil

Lips:
Stila Pomegranate Crush lip and cheek stain

Admittedly, I really needed some nice dark brown contacts and some TEETH (impressive incisors, specifically).  I think if I had had those elements, the rest would not have mattered.  In any case, it was a learning day for makeup, and I enjoyed the process.  I laughed a lot with friends over the whole thing and have pretty much decided that I must already be a vampire if I tried so hard to look like a semi-famous one and ended up merely looking like myself.

Do let me know what you think!  I'm prepared to laugh some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!