Sunday, December 2, 2012

Juicy Cran-Grape



The first three of these pictures have been edited using Picasa's "one-click fix for lighting."  I like how it brightened up everything.  You can really see the difference when you look at the fourth (last) photo, which has not been edited.




I am loving the smooth, easy texture of Le Metier de Beaute's eyeshadows and also the excellent pigmentation.  Maybe they are too buttery, though, because Fig (the plum) likes to crease on my occasionally creasey left eye.  I'm pretty sure I've worn Corinthian without it creasing, so perhaps it varies color to color.




Do you see how high my right brow arches up when I smile big?  Years ago, on my wedding day, the photographer kept telling me all day long, to "stop doing that thing with your eyebrow!"  Uh...yeah.  That's how my face works.  Ha ha!  It's naturally just higher and more arched anyhow.  I'm a little miffed at myself for not getting the crease color up high enough on my poor left eye.




Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat BR20
Illamasqua Concealer 115 (spots)
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01
Givenchy Le Prisme Blush 24 It-Girl Purple

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
Sephora + Pantone eyeliner pencil "Meteorite"
Makeup Geek Corrupt e/s (smudged into Meteorite)
LMdB e/s Fig (lid and outer lowers)
LMdB e/s Fire Lily (crease and inner lower lash lines)
Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma e/s (inner corner)
Makeup Geek Bling e/s (brow bone)
Lorac Baked Matte Satin e/s Posh (to blend outer edges)
YSL black cream liner (tight and waterlines)
Tarte taupe brow pencil
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash
Givenchy Phenomeneyes waterproof mascara (lowers)

Lips:
Korres Lip Butter Wild Rose

Immediately after I took these pictures I realized that the lip color was too cool with the eyes.  I added MAC Dare to Wear Lipglass in Wind Me Up (bronzey-pinky-gold) and that fixed everything just fine! I wish I had taken pictures of that.

I need to rave about Korres' lip butters.  I just bought a huge value set on sephora.com (three butters and three glazes) and have become instantly obsessed!  The butters in particular feel utterly amazing on my lips!  The glazes are really nice, too.  If you have not tried them, I highly encourage you to do so.

Thanks so much for stopping by!







1 comment:

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!