Monday, December 17, 2012

Hot Winter Days



This was from a really muggy and hot day last week.  It's nearly Christmas...why must I be speaking of really muggy and hot days?!  It's so wrong.




Another extremely simple eye look.  Golds are always a favorite of mine.  Can you spot the pool reflection in my eye?




I much preferred the Illamasqua Skin Base this go around, mixed with Stila's One Step Bronze.  It felt lighter on, looked more natural, and lasted better, dare I say.  It's such a finicky foundation for me!  I was quite glowy all the hot day, but I don't believe it looked melty or less than fresh.





Something is bothering me about these photos and I believe it's the blush placement.  Too far up the temples?  Perhaps too strong in any case?  I'm trying to learn to work with Panic, but it's certainly hard for me not to accidentally overdo it!




Face:
Benefit The Porefessional (tiny bit on the center of my face)
Illamasqua Skin Base 02 mixed with Stila One Step Bronze
Illamasqua concealer 115 (spots)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
MUFE Super Matte Loose 12

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01
Illamasqua Tweak and Panic
Laura Mercier Starlight Mineral Illuminating Powder

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
BareMinerals High Shine Gold Medal e/s
Lorac Baked Matte Satin e/s Posh (brow bone)
Stila Stay All Day black liner pen (tight line)
MAC Pure Show Superslick liquid liner
Armani Eyes to Kill Excess mascara
Tarte taupe brow pencil

Lips:
YSL Touche Eclat 1 (blended into lip line)
Shiseido Lacquer Rouge Nocturne


I for sure love the Shiseido Lacuqer Rouge formula.  They are supremely comfortable and decently long wearing.  I wish for more colors!  Also, I've got my eye on the asian exclusive colors, but of course.  If only they were easier to obtain.

Nocturne never looks shimmery or sparkly on my lips, but it amuses me that when I got to wipe my lips off (before or after eating, say), only then do I notice the shimmer bits.  Hidden shimmer!

Feel free to comment about anything - but you may not tease me for my ballerina bun!  It was just too steamy to have my hair down.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!