Thursday, December 13, 2012

Simple with a Twist



Here is another go at simpler eyes.  I didn't get my flick just quite right, as my one somewhat droopy eye crease tried to eat it up, but it was good enough for the time.  I'm sure the metallic gold brows distracted from that just as they should have!  :)




I absolutely adore Tweak blush on myself.  It might be my new favorite blush!  So many blushes to love...so little time on this earth to wear them all enough.




The new Cover FX powder compact is most definitely not matte.  As you can see, it's got a nice natural glow to it.  I applied it lazily with the included sponge pad and was surprised at how light it looked on me (thus the gentle dusting of bronzer all over afterward).  It did wear well through a long and rather humid day, so I give it big points for that.  Also, no annoying creasing or bunching up in my expression lines.  Hooray!




Face:
Laura Mercier Face Primer
Illamasqua Concealer 115 (spots)
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder (under eye)
Cover FX Mineral Compact N10
Guerlain Terracotta Light Blondes 01 (lightly all over)

Cheeks:
Illamasqua Tweak <3

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
GA ETKI #26
RBR Golden Rhea (inner corner)
Lorac Chic Baked Matte Satin e/s (brow bone)
Stila Stay All Day black liner pen
Fiberwig D.J.V. Beautenizer Volume Lash
UD El Dorado and Baked e/l pencils (brows)

Lips:
Bite Beauty Lip Lacquer Aurora


If you are wondering about the lippie, I will tell you that I am in love with this color and am sure it was made to be worn with Tweak.  It's a tacky formula that tastes yummy and sweet (a bit like honey).  My lips weren't dry from it.  The applicator needs several dips to get my lips covered.  It stayed on good, although after hours of wear it left me with more of a stained balm kind of look.  What I'm trying to say here is that it doesn't retain its shiny lacquer appearance for much more than an hour or so?  Something like that.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!