Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fyrinnae in the Morning


This one is hot and now!  I literally still have this makeup on my face, as I type.  Sorry I disappeared for a while.  Things just got really rough with my personal life...and they still are, honestly.  It's hard to care about makeup when life feels like it is spinning out of control.


Back to the makeup.  I took these pictures at about 7:10 this morning.  It was gloomy out, so the light sucked.  Also, you may have noticed my super drama eye shadow shape.  That was thanks to tape.  I had this idea that doing taped eyes would somehow be easier - would allow me to have my cake and eat it, too (that is, have dramatic, cool eyes with minimal effort).  I'm not so sure about that, now, after the fact!


It was fun for a change of pace, though.  I can say I totally love this really angular shape on my eyes, but it definitely stands out.  I also think my color placement with the three different shades was sloppy.


Red Panda (the shade in the center) looks kind of pinky-coral here but seemed more red to me in person.  My eyes look extra awesome with the pool reflecting in them!


I know what you are going to say.  You wish I had blended out the edges more.  Right?!  Well, I have to agree.  And Lord knows I did try.  Probably the Pixie Epoxy made it harder to blend and no doubt the super sharp line I got from using the tape also made it a challenge to soften the edges.


Face:
GA Maestro Fusion 3
Illamasqua Concealer 115
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1
Fyrinnae Fluff (under eyes and in the t-zone)
Fyrinnae Sunkissed Finishing Powder

Cheeks:
Too Faced Bronzed & Poreless Bronzer
Illamasqua Ambition
Sephora Microsmooth Luminzer 01 Stardust (dupe for Nars Albatross)

Eyes:
Wet 'n Wild Fergie Eye primer (this is really great!)
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae Sake & Sashimi (outer half lid and crease)
Fyrinnae Red Panda (center of lid and crease)
Fyrinnae Shenanigans (inner third of lid)
Lorac Posh e/s (brow bone and to blend edges)
Stila Smudge Stick Damsel
Jordana brown pen liner (tight line)
Hourglass Arch Soft Brunette
Givenchy Noir Couture waterproof

Lips:
Stila Color Balm Lipstick Isla


The bottom line here is that I would do a lot of things differently if I did this look over again.  Mostly with my eeeeyyyyeees, which I am clearly obsessing over!  The rest of the face I quite like.  :)

Also, if you've not yet seen Fyrinnae eyeshadows in person, you are missing out!  They are just so super sparkly duochromey amazingly pretty.  Go get you some.


2 comments:

  1. I actually like that this it is unblended! That and the combination of colors looks so fierce :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! One of the girls at work wears her eyeshadow in this style/shape often and I've always looked up to her, so I guess I was trying to emulate her awesomeness a little. :)

      Delete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!