Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Usual Vampy Stuff






Face:
BECCA Ever-Matte primer (just on my nose)
Ardency Inn Americana Fair Pink mixed with LM Radiance Primer
MUFE Full Cover 1
BareMinerals Stroke of Light Luminous 1 (under eye)
Nars LRP Loose (under eye mostly)
MUFE Super Matte Loose 12 (around and on nose)
D&G The Foundation Powder Ivory 50 (forehead)

Cheeks:
Dior Aurora 01 bronzer (soft contour)
Benefit Hervana
BECCA Gypsy

Eyes:
WnW Fergie eye primer
Marc Jacobs black Highliner pencil
Illamasqua Precision gel liner (tight line)
MUG Corrupt
MUG Burlesque
MUG Shimma Shimma (inner corner)
Too Faced Salted Carmel (transitions)
Lorac Chic Baked Matte Satin e/s (brow bone)
UD Perversion mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash black mascara (lowers)
Tarte The Brow Architect Fair/Light (just the pencil part used)

Lips:
Stila Color Balm Lipstick Isla


I know.  It's a crazy amount of complexion products happening, especially for me!  This is me wanting and needing full coverage complexion but not wanting it to feel, look, or act heavy (read:  misbehave).  It was relatively successful, I'm happy to say!  The Ardency Inn Americana + LM Radiance primer base mix did really well for me.  Mad science has finally paid off.  :)  And using the D&G powder lightly to set my forehead (the area I'm trying most to cover), worked well, too.  I can't believe all that held up through a long day at work, but pretty much it did.  I think I only did a slight touch up around my nose and between my brows once, while on my break.  My nose was decidedly shiny by hour nine, but I can live with that, and could have done another proper blot.

Salted Caramel from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is fast becoming a favorite crease and/or transition color.  I can't tell you how much I adore it.  Also, a huge rave for BECCA Gypsy mineral blush, which is a solid fave for blush transitioning!  Who would know that I would become such a transition freak?  I'm loving Gypsy just on top of my cheekbones paired with nearly every blush.  Sometimes I skip the highlight, sometimes I add one over top, just on the high points.

More new stuff - the Urban Decay Perversion mascara.  I really love this!!  But it's not suitable for use on my lower lashes.  Can we say smudge city?  That happens to me with loads of mascaras.  It's perfect on the uppers, though.  I like that it gives me length, a touch of volume, good separation, glides on so easily, and is very black.  On my upper lashes I have no smudging, flaking, clumping, or otherwise egregious behavior.

I hope that everyone is enjoying a good summer!  I can't believe how freaking hot it is.



4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this look! The eyes, complexion, lips. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ..... Fantastic !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, as always. I wish that Too Faced sold this shade you mention, as a single!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a fantastic combination. Love this too. Ur gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!