Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Soft Orchid





Here's a quick post with a look from last week.  I don't recall the complete breakdown of products that I used, but I can definitely remember some of the key ones!

For base, I used Smashbox CC Cream in Fair.  The blush is Illamasqua Morale with Armani Belladonna palette as highlight.

On my eyes, I started with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Orchid.  Then I layered on a bit of Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Impulsion (inner corner).  I used Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Diapason to darker the crease and outer corner.  Then some Stila Bliss to blend out the crease.  I added a bit of the dark charcoal shadow from the Chante Wild Horses palette to my outer corner.  And I smudged UD Psychedelic Sister eyeliner pencil into the lash lines.  I used a pastel purple Korres pencil on my waterline.

I just have some Hourglass lip oil on my lips.  Geez, they look so blotchy to me like this.  It's odd how I'm so aware of the uneven tone in photographs but don't seem to notice it in the mirror.

I got a few compliments on my eyes, so I wouldn't mind recreating this exact look or a similar one soon!  I mean.  PURPLE.  Always so good.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Purplessss! I love the brightness of the liner as a contrast. You floor me EVERY TIME. <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just wanted to drop a comment saying I always read your posts in a feed reader, and I'm really glad you upload them in case I miss them on MUA!

    I love this eyeshadow application, and I really need to try Diapason like this. What brush did you use to apply it to the outer corner? (So far, when I've used brushes with IdOs, I've gotten fallout...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) I used an old Sephora Platinum Cream Eyeshadow brush - basically the same as the new Pro Cream Eyeshadow brush. It worked well, but I did goof the shape and ended up with the crease end looking droopy. So I cleaned it up with a q-tip dipped in cleansing water. Now you know all my secrets!

      Delete
  3. Haha! I was actually wondering what that muted lavender-pink lipstick was! Oil eh.
    <3 So loving that blush on you. Maybe multiple blushes ARE worth it! *eyes scant stash*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the color combos that you have used on your eyeshadow. You look amazing! This is the reason why I love purples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SOOOO stunning. I can't even say how much! The blending, then the iridescence gradation. Skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful! I love how complex it all looks together!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!