Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lady of the Lake






Face:
Georgio Armani Maestro Fusion 3
Illamasqua Concealer 115 (spots)
MUFE Lift Concealer 1
Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose

Cheeks:
Illamasqua Morale

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
lightest shimmer shade from Lorac Mint palette (Ulta version)
RBR Periwinkle Cardinal (crease and above)
Urban Decay e/l pencil Mildew
Stila Stay All Day black liner pen (tight line)
Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes!
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Ash Blonde (lightest half only)

Lips:
Addiction Lady of the Lake lipstick (applied with a brush)

Neck:
Dior Aurora 01 Bronzer

I was surprised to not hate Maestro.  While it didn't wear too tenaciously on me, it did look nice and natural.  It was also oddly fun to apply!  I put several drops into the palm of my left hand, then dipped a finger tip from my right hand into the pool, and followed by quickly applying to my face.  Repeat, etc.  It glides on like liquid silk, which I rather enjoy.  I did not use a primer here, so that will be what I do next time around, to see if that helps it to wear better through the day.  Mainly my nose got shiny halfway through the day - a problem easily remedied with a quick pat from my MUFE Pro Finish compact.

My face felt comfortable and not dry, too, so that is always good.  I was sure to moisturize well underneath.  I'm still loving the new Nars loose powder.

I find it strange and interesting that Periwinkle Cardinal eyeshadow is most definitely not periwinkle.  It's a soft, almost minty green.

Let's talk about Lady of the Lake for a second.  I love this color.  The formula - not so much.  It's thick and smooth and waxy.  While the initial application was not so difficult, I had trouble with subsequent touch ups (which I found to need every hour or so for various reasons).  It got patchy or would ball up in areas.  I ended up using my finger tip to rub out the textural issues, and then would add more as needed.  Also, it felt dry - quite dry.  Now, I can put up with beastly dry lipsticks if they are going to look endlessly pretty and perform well.  I can!  But if they are high maintenance and drying, then it's hard to justify.  All that said, perhaps because little Lady of the Lake came such a long way to be with me, I am determined to make her work.  Next go around I will try a primer and also exfoliate my lips first.

Below is a pic of an eye from Monday.  I didn't fill in my brows here, so try not to get too distracted by that sadness.  I wore RBR Lilac Reef Curassow all over, Umber Firefinch in the crease, and Alabaster Starling in the inner corner.  I used UD Mildew pencil for liner.  I love the color combination and would definitely wear it again!



2 comments:

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!