Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lady of the Lake






Face:
Georgio Armani Maestro Fusion 3
Illamasqua Concealer 115 (spots)
MUFE Lift Concealer 1
Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose

Cheeks:
Illamasqua Morale

Eyes:
Nars eye primer
lightest shimmer shade from Lorac Mint palette (Ulta version)
RBR Periwinkle Cardinal (crease and above)
Urban Decay e/l pencil Mildew
Stila Stay All Day black liner pen (tight line)
Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes!
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Ash Blonde (lightest half only)

Lips:
Addiction Lady of the Lake lipstick (applied with a brush)

Neck:
Dior Aurora 01 Bronzer

I was surprised to not hate Maestro.  While it didn't wear too tenaciously on me, it did look nice and natural.  It was also oddly fun to apply!  I put several drops into the palm of my left hand, then dipped a finger tip from my right hand into the pool, and followed by quickly applying to my face.  Repeat, etc.  It glides on like liquid silk, which I rather enjoy.  I did not use a primer here, so that will be what I do next time around, to see if that helps it to wear better through the day.  Mainly my nose got shiny halfway through the day - a problem easily remedied with a quick pat from my MUFE Pro Finish compact.

My face felt comfortable and not dry, too, so that is always good.  I was sure to moisturize well underneath.  I'm still loving the new Nars loose powder.

I find it strange and interesting that Periwinkle Cardinal eyeshadow is most definitely not periwinkle.  It's a soft, almost minty green.

Let's talk about Lady of the Lake for a second.  I love this color.  The formula - not so much.  It's thick and smooth and waxy.  While the initial application was not so difficult, I had trouble with subsequent touch ups (which I found to need every hour or so for various reasons).  It got patchy or would ball up in areas.  I ended up using my finger tip to rub out the textural issues, and then would add more as needed.  Also, it felt dry - quite dry.  Now, I can put up with beastly dry lipsticks if they are going to look endlessly pretty and perform well.  I can!  But if they are high maintenance and drying, then it's hard to justify.  All that said, perhaps because little Lady of the Lake came such a long way to be with me, I am determined to make her work.  Next go around I will try a primer and also exfoliate my lips first.

Below is a pic of an eye from Monday.  I didn't fill in my brows here, so try not to get too distracted by that sadness.  I wore RBR Lilac Reef Curassow all over, Umber Firefinch in the crease, and Alabaster Starling in the inner corner.  I used UD Mildew pencil for liner.  I love the color combination and would definitely wear it again!



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I really like the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep agreed. The eyes Beeeeuteeful!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind. I'm happy to learn and grow, but it's also my face we're talking about! Also, no shamelessly promoting your blog or site here, please. Thank you!